This week's Program:
Unfortunately, our featured speaker for this Friday morning, Don Graves, a WWII Veteran and Iwo Jima survivor, has been hospitalized and had to cancel. We hope to get him re-scheduled soon.
So in place of a program, we had a "Club Assembly", where each Director was given a few minutes to present information to the Club on the projects they are working on.
January 12 Aldo Fritz, Downtown Arlington Management Organization
January 19 Craig Lidell, Stock Picks
January 26 Jay Warren, Arlington's Dream Team Digital Ambassador
February 2 Chaplin Rich Stoglin, Afghanistan
Want to see a particular speaker or do you want a particular subject matter presented? Do you know of anyone who has a program that might be of interest to our membership?
January 12 Mark Gist (1), Ken Gooch (2), Kevin Hadawi
January 19 Charles Hall (1), Ken Hampton (2), Jake Hardin
January 26 Bill Harnagel (1), Al Hethcock (2), Matt Hines
February 2 Debbie Hogan (1), J.P. Humphrey (2), John Hyde
(1) Prayer & Pledge, (2) Introduce Visiting Rotarians and Guests
THE FINE PROGRAM SCHEDULE
January 12 Chris Wade
January 19 Curt Osiek
January 26 Steve Willey
February 2 Henry Armstrong
THE MEMBERSHIP MINUTE SCHEDULE
January 12 Colby Van Sickler
January 19 Al Hethcock
January 26 Henry Armstrong
February 2 David Berg
For the month of November, 2017, the Arlington Sunrise Rotary Club achieved a 91.81% attendance.
HELP NEEDED AT THORNTON ELEMENTARY
Thornton Elementary could use our help in setting up the stage for their upcoming musical performance. If you could spare a couple of hours of time on Monday, January 8, please help out at the school. The time will be approximately 9:00 AM til noon. About 4-6 people are needed.
And then on January 12, it's time to hand out tablets to a boy and a girl who had perfect attendance. Come and help in the celebration!
UPCOMING ROTARY EVENTS
January 8 Stage hand work at Thornton. See Mark Cloud.
January 12 Perfect Attendance Tablet Giveaway at Thornton Elementary - 8:30
February 3 S.T.E.M. Day, Adams Elementary
February 6 Sunrise Rotary Board Meeting, 7 a.m., David's BBQ
March 1 - 4 P.E.T.S. (President-Elect Training Series), Hyatt Regency, DFW
March 6 Sunrise Rotary Board Meeting, 7 a.m., David's BBQ
April 21-22 Sunrise Rotary "New" Board Retreat
April 28 Adoption Awareness Picnic, Fielder Church
May 19-20 District Conference, DFW Hyatt
"PUBLIC RELATIONS" is a HOT TOPIC IN ROTARY
Please REPORT your "volunteer hours"!
One of this Rotary year's focuses is tracking the number of volunteer hours given by Rotarians. So, if you are a team captain, committee chairman, or merely a part of a group of people who perform a project or service, please send an email to Dwayne Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
to report the number of volunteer hours expended so that we can report to Rotary International.
- Go to: https://www.rotaryeclubone.org/programs.htm and watch a video or read an article.
- Attend a Sunrise Rotary social event. (Christmas party and other Sunrise social gatherings)
- Work on a Sunrise Rotary project (flags,PhasedIn, Blood drive, Highland games, etc.)
- Attend a Sunrise Rotary Board meeting. (1st Tuesday, 7:00 a.m., David's BBQ)
- If you're in a travel status, get the Rotary Club Finder app for your smartphone and find a Club in/near the town you are visiting - even outside of the United States!
- Attend another local Rotary Club meeting. There are seven other Rotary Clubs in Arlington that you can make up at. Here's a list of them:
- Arlington North Rotary, Monday at Noon, Texas Land & Cattle, N. Arlington
- Arlington West Rotary, Tuesday at Noon, Shady Valley Golf Club
- Arlington Highlands Rotary, Tuesday at 6 p.m., Dave & Busters in the Highlands
- Arlington Sunset Rotary, Tuesday at 6 p.m., J. Gilligan's on E. Abram
- Arlington Rotary, Thursday at Noon, 1st United Methodist Church
- Arlington Great Southwest Rotary, Thursday at 6 p.m., Humperdink's @ 6 Flags
- Arlington South Rotary, Friday at Noon, Spring Creek BBQ, S. Cooper
Here's the catch:
You literally have a whole month in order to work your "make up" into your busy schedule - within 2 weeks prior to the meeting you will miss and within 2 weeks after the meeting you miss.
So you see, there really is no valid excuse
for you not having PERFECT ATTENDANCE.
But there is one major step to ensure your make-up is validated - you must report it to Club Secretary Sheri Hall at
ARLINGTON SUNRISE ROTARY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS, 2017-2018
President Steve Dixon
President Elect Shane Ferrell
Secretary Sheri Hall
Treasurer Jonathan Januta
Membership Don Ferrell
Sargent-at-Arms James Watson
Administration Dwayne Lee
Community Services 1 Sam Thomas
Community Services 2 Alan Walter
Youth Services Mark Cloud
Vocational Services Kevin Barlow
Foundation Chip May
International Services Samir Ahuja
Special Programs Cindy Wright